B2C & B2B MARKETPLACE PLATFORMS
WHAT IS A MARKETPLACE PLATFORM?
Marketplace Platforms enable secure online transactions between buyers and sellers of various goods.
Among a number of benefits, Marketplace Platforms can:
- Leverage the brand, know-how and audience
- Facilitate eCommerce without stock, warehousing and logistics
- Support an extensive catalogue of products and services
- Secure financial transactions
- Drive exceptional customer experience
Marketplace Platforms are strategic tools at the operational level that power profits in multichannel retail.
WHY LAUNCH A MARKETPLACE?
Lower operational costs
Without costly and time-intensive overheads
- Less invoicing
- Reduced customer care responsibilities
- Simplified accounting
Less capital investment
Without compromising the inventory
- No stock, no logistics
- Flexible inventory
- Risk-free test products
Better financial results
Through incremental revenue and margin
- Targeting an existing database
- Revenue from commission
- Significantly higher than the profitability of eCommerce
Improved business metrics
With increased customer loyalty and brand awareness
- Frequent purchases
- Higher spend per purchase
- More repeat sales
WITH AXIA DIGITAL, ANY RETAILER CAN LAUNCH A MARKETPLACE
Increase customer satisfaction
Deliver the customer experience today’s shoppers demand by quickly and easily expanding the portfolio of products through trusted third-party sellers
Improve business results
Increase top-line revenue by acquiring new and engaging with existing customers, while improving SEO and website traffic with fewer missed sales opportunities
Provide more, richer data for personalisation engines and AI, and discover more opportunities for omnichannel targeting without unnecessary overheads
B2C: MORE PRODUCTS, MORE DATA, MORE SALES
Marketplace Platforms bring exponential increases in product portfolios that cannot be matched by simple drop shipping, generate more data for personalisation engines and drive omnichannel strategies.
B2C: THREE WAYS IN WHICH MARKETPLACE PLATFORMS BRING BENEFITS
- Give customers the choice they expect by quickly and easily expanding the portfolio of products on offer, while avoiding inventory and overhead costs
- Efficiently onboard thousands of new sellers
- Package complementary products and services together
Faster customer acquisition
- Improve SEO and increase website traffic organically, leasing to long-lasting results
- Avoid missed and lost sales opportunities
- Expand into new products and categories
Increased customer loyalty
- Optimise and improve customer journey across all channels, building stable relationships
- Enable more flexibility for customers with online or click-and-collect purchases
- Use more detailed transactional data from the Marketplace Platform to make better recommendations
B2B: PURCHASING SIMPLIFIED WITHOUT CHANNEL CONFLICT
Marketplace Platforms for B2B can ignite digital retail transformation and lead to higher customer satisfaction than ever.
B2B MARKETPLACE PLATFORMS FOR DISTRIBUTORS
Integrate subsidiary and division catalogues into one, central Marketplace Platform
Exceed customer expectations in digital shopping through a modern solution
Empower customers to find what they need with 100% visibility over the inventory
B2B MARKETPLACE PLATFORMS FOR MANUFACTURERS
With a B2B Marketplace Platform, manufacturers have more control over the inventory, sales process and customer journey.
A B2B Marketplace Platform can be a source of invaluable, timely and detailed insights for manufactures and distributors alike.
A better online environment leads to increased conversion and sales, and a B2B Marketplace Platform can support this objective.
LEARN HOW TO GROW WITH AN ONLINE MARKETPLACE PLATFORM
Useful resources about Marketplace Platforms:
- Marketplace: The future of e-commerce Marketplace:
- The future of B2B e-commerce